Saturday, December 1, 2012

I'm a Foodie Pen Pal!

I’m so thankful that Ryan was lucky enough to get such an amazing fourth grade teacher. First and foremost, she challenges him. She is well aware of his potential and doesn't let him get over on her with a flash of his killer smile and a wink of those gorgeous baby blues. She also places a strong emphasis on reading AND writing. Obviously, I love that. In the age of texting and 140-character Twitter updates, I can see the English language weakening by the day. It’s not happening on her watch, though (mine either).

I'm also thankful for her … for me! She has been such a find as it relates to running and fitness, opening up many doors. She inspired me to start this blog. She turned me on to the ELF for HEALTH Challenge and, more recently, the Foodie Pen Pal Exchange.

Here’s how it works.

On the 5th of the month (this Wednesday), I’ll receive a pen pal pairing via e-mail. We'll contact one another to share our mailing addresses and any other information that may be helpful (e.g., allergies or dietary restrictions).

By the 15th of the month, we'll mail each other a box of “goodies,” such as healthful food items (e.g., kale chips, natural almond butter, Larabars, dark chocolate, favorite teas) or homemade treats. The spending limit is $15. The box will also include something written, such as a recipe, a note explaining the significance of the "goodies," an inspirational message, etc.

On the last day of the month, I’ll post a blog revealing the goodies I received and also invite my pen pal to guest blog right here about her box of treats.

This exchange is another fantastic way to surround myself with like-minded people who make health and fitness priorities in their lives. I strongly believe that creating a support system helps to keep me focused and on track. If I’m having an off day or I hit a wall, the last thing I want to do is talk about it with someone who can’t relate. I want someone who is going to light a fire under me and tell me what I need to hear versus what’s nice to hear.

If you'd like to become a fellow Foodie Pen Pal, head on over to The Lean Green Bean's blog to read the rules and sign up. There's still time to get in for this month!

By the way, this Wednesday I’ll unveil my own little surprise challenge. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment