Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Down to the Wire: Day 23

I've had a good run of workouts since my sub-9:00 miler on Saturday.

As I've shared previously, I alternate my days between a run and a strength training/elliptical combo. Yesterday, I was due for a run. However, my calves felt very sore. Rather than push it, I opted for a fat burning session on the elliptical.

I think it was the right choice.

I woke up this morning feeling great (especially considering Matt and I didn't get home from New York until midnight). My calves were a non-issue.

I took to the treadmill for a 3-miler. My left hamstring was needling me slightly, but not enough to stop. When I don't stretch enough pre- and post-run, my muscles will give me a "not so subtle" reminder that they need caring and attention. Tonight, I'll work out my lower half with our foam roller. My legs will reward me for it.

So ... I finished day 23 with a  3-mile run at a 9:13 pace. We're down to the wire now ... seven days remain of my 30-Day Challenge.

I'm feeling good and ready to count it down.



No comments:

Post a Comment