Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Top 10 Reasons I'm Thankful

Thanksgiving is a perfect time to remember those people, places and things that make your life absolutely wonderful! Here's my top 10 ...
  1. I woke up this morning.
  2. I can run.
  3. A continued commitment to a whole-food, plant-based diet.
  4. Avaya: For giving me the gig of a lifetime and allowing me to do what I love from home. Eight years and counting ...
  5. Jon Stewart: He makes me laugh. He makes me think. And YES ... he's where I get my news.
  6. Pumpkin Spice Soy Latte: Thank you Starbucks for coming up with the perfect concoction that leaves me looking forward to fall.
  7. Edamame, Homemade Baked Kale Chips and Peanut Butter: My three all-time favorite snacks. Oh how I adore all of you!
  8. A small circle of friends who tell it like it is, rally by my side without having to ask and who continue to inspire me in every way imaginable. You know who you are.
  9. A relationship with my mom and sister in which we feel comfortable enough to fight hard yet have the good sense to always forgive quickly.
  10. Matt, Dylan, Ryan & Sienna -- my remarkable family for making this beautiful journey with me. We love, we laugh, we cry, we fight, we have fun ... together. It's the best! Thank you for loving me and for overlooking (or at least pretending to overlook) all my CrAzY quirks and antics.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my beautiful nieces and nephews who make life fun and unpredictable, a mother-in-law who is an active part of our lives but who never interferes, and in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles and new friends I've met along the way, all of whom add that something special to so many days throughout every year.

And, of course, I am thankful for you -- my readers. This blog has become a creative outlet for me, allowing me to break thru the corporate box I've been in for years. I hope in the future to have more dialogue between us so we can learn from each other, overcome obstacles and reach new milestones together.

I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Gobble, Gobble

No comments:

Post a Comment