Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Double Cardio

I love work-outs when you finish one cardio session and want to immediately work in a second. That’s where I was at today, an especially welcoming feeling considering it rode in on the heels of a bad Monday.

I was able to work out early yesterday morning (cardio and strength training), but came home completely nauseated. I got the kids off to school and then spent the rest of the day on the couch. I did whatever work I had to do from that location. (Mobility solutions make sick days virtually obsolete, which I happen to think is a good thing.)

Today I woke up feeling good ... well-rested.

I hit the Y for a 3-miler at just under a 10:00 pace. It’s not where I want to be but I’m heading in the right direction.

(At my fastest, I had been running an 8:21 pace. The goal is to get back to that for my short runs. Matt is working up a schedule to increase my pace each week. Our long runs together will be slow and easy [Long Slow Distance]. The combination of speed and endurance will help us get to that sub-2 hour half marathon in May. Our best half time to date is 2 hours, 1 minute.)

I had been feeling energized after my run and, having checked my watch, knew I had some time left before heading home to ready the kids for school. To that end, I took to the elliptical for a fat burning session.

A strong work-out sets the tone for my day. So far Tuesday is rocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment